Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Two kinds.

At my work there are two kinds of kiddos. Those who come and go, and I joyfully accept the fact that I will never see them again in a professional setting. And those who decide that the ICU is simply a much more lively place when they decide to occupy it. The catch? They stay away until I think about them and absentmindedly  verbalize to a fellow comrade "ya know, so-and-so hasn't been here in a while, I wonder how they are?" Bam. They show up and let me know loud and clear how they are. 

~

We took a Trek to the land of the grandparents.

Let me explain.

I wake up at 9 AM with Lovely. We hang out. We lounge. We are lazy all day. Then I transform into my real life alter ego of a motorcycle riding, leather-wearing, high adrenaline pediatric ICU night shift nurse. 7PM-7AM.

In all truth, that night I may not have ridden the motorcycle due to my aversion to riding in cold weather. And it may have been a slower paced night where the adrenaline may not have been pumpin' quite so high. No matter.

Head home and get myself and my baby's cute butt in the car and out of town. Two and a half hours out of town. As much as you may not believe in zombies, I promise you, there was one out on the US highways last Friday between the hours of 10AM and 1PM. Yikes.

But at least we got these cute pictures.  





 That's just how we roll.

No comments: